CCAN (pronounced “see-can”) was established to help Irish-based companies enhance their competitive advantage through nano-enabled product innovation.
CCAN acts on behalf of companies to help them access expertise and funding from across the Irish nanotechnology network, so that companies can use and develop the technologies and skills required to drive product innovation.
Please browse the website to learn more or contact us directly for more information on how we can help your company.
CCAN News Highlights
CCAN passes Interim Review with impact and industry benefits highlighted – click here to read more.
Putting nanotechnology to work for Irish industry
centre enabling its member companies and
research providers to work together to
develop nanotechnology enabled
products and solutions for the
ICT and biomedical industries.
Benefits of CCAN membership as rated by our members
- Access to combined expertise
- Leverage core funding for technology development
- Develop networks and relationships
- Secure additional external funding (outside centre)
- Influence protection of IP
- Nanostructured scaffolds for enhanced cell attachment
- Power delivery modules for wireless sensor enabled bio-monitoring
- Integrated light source for heat assisted magnetic recording
- Nano electronic interconnects
- Nanoparticle based in vivo diagnostics and/ or drug delivery
CCAN operates an industry-designed IP framework
project sponsors for their contributions to
projects and gives centre members
early visibility and first options
(including exclusivity) on
any IP generated.
Microneedle-based interstitial fluid glucose sensors. Read more
Nanoporous electrochemical sensors. Read more
ALD/CVD of interconnect materials at 300mm wafer scale. Read more
Disruptive interconnect barrier technologies. Read more
A feasibility study on MEMS resonator technology based on nanostructured AlN. Read more
Nano-additives for Low Friction Medical Grade Polymers. Read more
Control of nanoparticle deposition patterns from solutions. Read more
Selective incorporation of nanoparticles in medical grade polymers. Read more
Nanocoatings for controlled cell attachment and microfludics in diagnostics applications. Read more
Nanoporous gold as a support for catalytic and biosensor applications. Read more
Energy harvesting modules for wireless sensor systems. Read more
Nanostructured scaffolds for enhanced cell attachment. Read more
Nanoparticle based in vivo diagnostics and/or drug delivery. Read more
An integrated genetic analysis system for point of care molecular diagnostic. Read more
Nano Electronic Interconnects. Atomic layer deposition of diffusion barrier layers for nanoelectronic copper interconnects. Read more
Integrated Light Source for Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording. Read more
Other Nanotech News
Error: Feed has a error or is not valid
- Cadence Digital and Custom/Analog Tools Receive V1.0 DRM Certification for TSMC’s 16nm FinFET Process 16 Apr, 2014AZ Nano
- Anasys Licenses ORNL Nanoscale Mass Spectrometry Imaging Technology 14 Apr, 2014Nanowerk Business News
- Energy Research Facility Construction Project at Brookhaven Lab Wins U.S. Energy Secretary's Achievement Award 17 Apr, 2014Nanotechnology Now
- Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other 16 Apr, 2014Phys Org-Nano news
No items, feed is empty.